Another Hello Fresh winner! We love fish in our house, so choosing this dish was a no brainer! I have never had Rockfish…I really liked it. The caper aioli was a nice touch to this light fish. Keep reading for the link to the recipe. (more…)
You know I love Hello Fresh! We recently tried the Italian Ciabatta Burger…and I am in LOVE! My girls loved them as well! This is a recipe I will definitely be making again and again! I have posted the recipe for you! It is super easy to make and delicious! (more…)
Made these this weekend and they were amazing! I was in the mood for pasta and meatballs this weekend and we had ground chicken and sausage on hand. So here is what i did with it! Please note, you can do this recipe in the crock pot or stove top! For crock pot, high temp 3-4 hours and low temp 6-7 hours.
I try to make a wholesome meal for my girls every night. Being a full time working mom does not make it easy to have dinner ready when we get home! I try to hold the girls off until 5:00 PM, but sometimes they want to eat around 4:00 – 4:30! Sundays are my meal prep days. I try to get everything prepped and ready on Sunday, this way I just have to heat stuff up during the week. Well, we all know that sometimes even the perfect plan gets messed up and shit doesn’t happen the way it is supposed to! This past weekend we were busy with softball games, birthday parties, and BBQs…so meal prep did not happen! (more…)
I love potatoes and I love tacos…so last night I decided to marry the two and create this yummy meal! I used what I had on hand…so feel free to substitute!
Slice about 5 baby red potatoes about 1/4 inch thick. (more…)
I made this last night WITH a toddler on my hip….so that should show how easy it is! You can add meat or tofu to this. I wasn’t in the mood for either last night. This recipe is really easy. You can make a lot of the sauce and freeze it for the future. This way, when you are in the mood for Pad Thai, you just have to thaw it out and warm it up! (more…)
This was so good! The girls really liked this too! I make chicken pot pie in a pie crust…I liked this for a change. The biscuits were really good, I am so excited that I learned how to make them! Click here for the recipe. Want to try Hello Fresh? Use this code (PGK2TY) and save $40 on your first week of meals!
When we received our new Royale dinnerware sets I was very excited. So was Franki! I love that they are organic and made from Rice Husks. I had never heard of making dinnerware from rice before, but it is a great product! These items are super durable and very kid friendly! Each of the portion sections on the plate are the prefect size! The bowls are great too! Franki LOVES the panda bowl. The lid is nice and keeps food warm. I serve Franki’s dinner in the bowl with the lid on, she thinks its fun to open it up. Dinner time with a surprise!
Let’s talk about the fork and spoons! The are the absolute perfect size for toddlers. Franki has a lot of trouble using a spoon, but not these! She uses the spoon with ease. The soup spoon is great for when she eats cereal too!
The Holidays are here! Any of these sets would make a great gifts to someone with toddlers or even a baby that is just starting on solid foods!
Here is a link to each set.
Complete dinnerware set. GREAT gift idea!
Adorable Panda bowl with lid!
***We were given these products at a heavily discounted rate in exchange for our honest opinion.
More information from the company!
- ►A COMPLETE DINNER SET: Feed your child with ease of mind. Introducing a complete children dinner set for ages 1 to 12 that have everything from plate, bowl, cup to spoons and forks.
- ►PREMIUM QUALITY: 100% Organic dinnerware made with Bio-degradable, organically grown rice husk material for long-lasting use. Different from melamine, glass and ceramic dinner sets available in the market. Shatter proof and no danger to get hurt. FDA-Approved and BPA-Free
- ►A HEALTH ALTERNATIVE: Like most plastic dinnerware, melamine products may potentially pose health risks by discharging chemicals into your food and consequently into your body. This set is made of 100% natural rice husks organic fiber without any chemicals additive
- ►EASY TO CLEAN: Natural Non-stick surface, dishwasher safe, and easy to clean even without the use of detergent.
- ►FREE eBOOK : The set comes with a free eBook titled “Healthy Diet & Weight Loss For Kids” highlighting huge problems of obesity in our children, and sensing the compassion that we need. The book mentioned few practical techniques in adopting healthy life style and effective weigh loss program.
I try and make one meal for everyone. It is hard enough to get dinner on the table…let alone separate meals for the kids. I have been trying to make a meal that everyone likes BUT that can be switched up!
Last night I made this quick, easy meal! The girls loved it, and then I added a few things to my husband’s and mine…it was a hit all around!
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- olive oil
- 2 cups of frozen broccoli
- 1/2 pound pasta (I used cut pasta)
- Fresh lemon, chopped tomatoes, and grated cheese (Use these as ad ons)
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the box. Once finished cooking, drain and toss with olive oil and set aside.
- Meanwhile saute onion in 2 table spoons of olive oil. Cook on medium heat for 2 – 3 minutes, add chopped garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Add frozen broccoli and put the lid on. Cook for about 5 – 8 minutes (until broccoli is cooked)
- I took my broccoli out and cut it into little pieces and then returned it to the pan.
- Toss the pasta and the broccoli mixture
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and enjoy!
- For a more adult meal…once I served the girls, I made a bowl for my husband and myself. Then I took half of a lemon and squeezed the juice on both bowls. Once I finished, I tossed each bowl of pasta. I also cut up tomatoes and roasted them in the broiler (on high for about 8 – 10 mins). I added the tomatoes and some crushed red pepper to our bowls. It was so yummy! The lemon really added a good flavor!
With so many different schedules, eating dinner as a family is tough! But research shows that eating meals together as a family has health benefits; both physical and mental! I am able to eat dinner with my girls every night. My husband works late and usually has to eat dinner alone. We try and do family dinners on the weekend. The girls LOVE family dinners!
Not eating together? Want to start? Take the challenge!! Billion Family Dinners is reaching out and trying to get families back to the dinner table! Check it out today!
Still not convinced? Check out this article about the benefits of eating together.