Made these this weekend and they were amazing! I was in the mood for pasta and meatballs this weekend and we had ground chicken and sausage on hand. So here is what i did with it! Please note, you can do this recipe in the crock pot or stove top! For crock pot, high temp 3-4 hours and low temp 6-7 hours.
If you know me, you know I am not a “recipe” person. I like to just wing it! While making these, I kept track of what I was putting in them, so I could share if they came out good! If you are a beef lover, give these a try…a nice healthy alternative!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 sweet Italian sausage links, remove from casing (about 1 cup of meat)
- 1 English muffin
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/8 cup garlic powder
- 1 table spoon salt
- 1 table spoon pepper
- Pull apart the English muffin…make it into small pieces, they should resemble Panko bread crumbs. Add these to a large mixing bowl. Add all the other ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
- Shape meat mixture into balls. I like mine to be about the size of my palm, but the size is up to you.
- The trick to good meatballs is to cook them in tomato sauce. Bring your sauce to a boil and slowly add the raw meatballs.
- I let mine float on the top for a few minutes before pushing them down.
- Bring the sauce back to a boil and then lower the heat.
- Cover and simmer for 2-3 hours.
- Make sure the bottom of the pot doesn’t burn…so stir often!